The September Print Night will be held on Tuesday 4th September at 7 pm at our meeting rooms at the Emerald Downs Community Centre – Lighthouse Plaza – Port Macquarie. Location Map
This will be a print competition with a difference – because prints will be judged by HPG members. Each member will score entries on a score sheet for each category, but not score their own entries. Prior to the judging process members will be briefed on the judging criteria and procedures. Completed score sheets will be handed to the competition stewards to identify winners in each category and overall top print of the night. If there is a tie for the top image, it will be decided by a show of hands or secret vote. Scoring is based on three criteria i.e. Technical, Composition and Impact. The rules for this competition are as follows:
- Mounts shall be no larger than 400 x 300 mm (16”x 12”)
- Prints may be any size or shape within the mount
- A label with the name or the author, category and title shall be affixed to back of the mount on the top left side—available from website. Log into ‘Members’ — ‘Club Rules and Documents’ — ‘Print Labels’
- Title shall not exceed 30 characters (letters/numbers) and spaces, no punctuation marks permitted
- Members must also upload their jpg image to the website — not exceeding: 1920 pixels wide, 1200 pixels high, maximum 2 Mb file size.
- For more detailed information, please refer to ‘Competition Rules Final 300818’ on this website, click on the About the Club tab above.
- Print entries may be handed on 4th September Print Night provided your images have been uploaded to the HPG website beforehand
- .Visitors and new member always welcome.